Mentors/Role Models: #5

I have met many different people that work in the agency, even those in different departments. I often have “coffee chats” to learn about the different roles within the company and get advice on how to be successful in. my current internship. I would say the person that I look towards as a mentor/role model is my manager. He is a creative director who didn’t have a traditional art/design background but is very very talented.

One thing that he has accomplished recently was being a Cannes Lion finalist and creating a campaign around raising awareness of gamers for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I was excited to see his process from start to finish and learn how the creative and strategy teams work together.

When creating my work I always ask for direction and recommendations on how to make my portfolio, designs, and thought process stronger. One way my manager has helped me is by including me in every meeting where people are just brainstorming or catching up on current news, so I’m fueling my creativity.