On The Job: #2

The first two weeks of my internship consisted of meeting different creatives and attending workshops and meetings. Since this is a hybrid internship we have the choice of going in person or staying fully online. I opted into going in-person one day out of the week so I am able to meet new people. I am also able to sit in on different workshops that the company holds weekly. One of the first workshops I attended was a copywriting workshop. The different creative teams came together to create a presentation on “How To Be A Stronger Copywriter” and at the end, we all tried to write a headline to a short brief as practice. Although I’m not a copywriter it was helpful to meet the different creative teams and I was able to get in contact with a few people that can guide me through my internship.

My manager also brought me into meetings where I was able to see the creative process that goes into executing a campaign. This project was in the beginning stages and many people were open to hearing the ideas that my partner and I had as campaign ideas. Overall it was a strong start to the internship and I make a lot of connections within the first few days of going into the office.