Week 1

This is the first week of the internship class and with every new  experience that I become a part of, I’m a bit nervous, particularly with how a person is supposed to go about finding an internship. Fortunately since it’s day one there isn’t a whole lot to do, mostly printing various forms, becoming part of a group in Open Lab and creating an e-Portfolio. We’re supposed to post at least 6 projects to show off for our portfolio and while that is a pretty low number, I’m a bit concerned with what I’m supposed to put on it.

I don’t have that many pieces that I can say I’m proud of despite having 4 years worth of classes. I’ll have to really search my collection of files for some decent pieces. At least there is a large list of different internship sources that I can possibly find, even if most of them are more toward advertising and graphic design and not so much animation or game design. Still, I shouldn’t be picky, any experience will be helpful, I can really benefit from any kind of work in the industry. Even if it means working for free. Need to get to work on that resume, word document resumes will no longer cut it here.