Palm trees in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico.

My name is Kaijah, pronounced Kay-juh. My pronouns are she/her. I major in Communication Design but my hobbies are very different. I am half Puerto Rican and half Dominican. If you know anything about the two cultures, they always have stereotypical jokes against each other. I wear graphic socks everyday. Cute and cozy would describe my dress style. Lastly, I like to express my love for anime through graphic tees, socks, or stickers on my sketchbooks. 

Now, to discuss my hobbies. I love to sing and listen to R&B music. Occasionally, I will sing to latin or american pop music from the 80’s through the early 2000’s. Another hobby of mine is crafting with resin. Resin craft is the method where a silicone mold is filled with liquid synthetic resin, which then hardens into plastic. I’ve made dominoes, trays, coasters, bookmarks, pens, keychains and more!

I can fill this entire page with romantic comedies that I have watched in the past 3 years, but for this read I will keep it simple. My favorite childhood movie is The Parent Trap (1996). My most recent favorite Disney movie is Encanto, because I can relate to the story as a latina. Movie genres I enjoy are romantic comedy, comedy, action, thriller, suspense, and sci-fi. I enjoy playing video games in my downtime. One of my favorite tv shows is New Girl. I rewatch seasons of it when there is nothing new to binge-watch. 

Did I mention that my maternal grandma is my idol? A weekly self care routine is important for my mental health. For self reflection I prefer to write in my journal or cry it out, there is no in between. Tres Golpes and Mofongo are dishes I don’t think I will ever get tired of. Empanadas always come in clutch when you’re rushing to work or class. I have two final thoughts. My favorite color is green and I love to be surrounded by nature.

A gold tray with Godzilla painted by hand.