About the author

Hello my fellow blogger, my name is Jude Dorcent, I’m a Telecommunication Engineering Technology student at the New York City College of Technology in Brooklyn New York. I know that this is a very diverse field but as for now my focus is on wireless communication and digital devices.

My main idea for this blog is to help people preventing themselves on being a victim of identity theft, I want to inform people on how they can protect themselves and their information when using technology. It also important to mention that we are being monitored by cameras that are installed all over the place. Your personal information can also be stolen with one snap shot away because nowadays everyone is carrying 1, 2, 3,… cameras with them.

I became interested in this subject because I was almost being a victim myself. My bank account was hacked and thankfully nothing happened because the bank was on point of the suspicious activity that was going on. I also choose this topic because I volunteered to teach an adult computer class and I saw the joy they had by being able to know how to use a computer to do a lot of things in the comfort of their house. I think that it is a great thing that they can do so much but at the same time you have to teach them of the dark side of this great technology also. Therefore I don’t want what happened to me to happen to someone else. The thing I like about this topic is that it is useful for everyone because we are living in the world and it is worth knowing what are around us and how to better protect our information.

I like helping others, I like going out and learn about other culture. I like soccer, volleyball, basketball. During my free time I am either listening to music or working on songs for the choir that I colead.  I also play the alto saxophone and the clarinet. I am multilingual.

For any information Please contact me at dorcent39@yahoo.com