Do it for the gram!

The best way to get the word out about a product or message is social media. In my weeks in my internship had to create layout designs for products the company wanted to display for their Instagram account. One of the three products I had to display was for a company called Loire Valley Wine. I was given the following product to display: tot bag, napkins and sunglasses. I had to get multiple angles of the glasses. I took the camera and took the photos. After I did that, I went to Photoshop to cut them out. Then the designer part comes in, in which I had to figure a layout. I had to do a few different layouts but I had to do ore editing. Juan’s advice was to change the colors to look more lively and together. I agreed because the pictures stock came out darken then the actually product. I learned how to replace color in Photoshop, which made a world of different.

My second display I had to layout was for an ESPN basket. ESPN is the worldwide leader in sports programing. I am a big fan of ESPN as that is the channel I watch most often since I was fifteen. My familiarity of the brand made it easy for me to figure out a design layout for the basket. I had three images to work with. I had the front of the bag, which display the logo. The bottom, which display bottom grip. I also had a bird eye view of the too. This was to display the interior and pull straps. I did multiple design layouts. I incorporated ESPN’S colors and used a design similar to what they use for one of their shows on Sports Center. The design is simple it a slide that uses shapes. I figure that would be the best background. I like the end layout design I came up with for this product.

My last product I had to display was a lip balm for music superstar Meghan Trainor. You probably will know Meghan Trainor for her music hit “ All about that bass”. This was a simple layout in which I had to take a photo the top of the lip balm. I also had to take a photo of the side of it as well. After that, I had to quickly layout a design and choose a background that show good contrast. Finally I top it off with a Captiv8 logo. I have to say the instagram layout designs are simple but on social media an image need to quickly grab your attention. Without words, a person won’t know what it is. The image must not only speak to it audience but ultimately want the product because it look appealing.

loire-valley-wine-layout espn-basket3 espn-basket7 meghan-trainor-lip-balm