Procreate is a raster graphics editor app for digital painting and it is exclusive to the iPad. It caters to artists from beginners to professionals and it was launched on the App Store in 2011. However, It is more popular now more than ever. I recently picked up on it this year for personal work but now I use it for my projects. I started using this app because I follow many artists on Instagram and most of them use Procreate and their work turns out amazing. When I first started, I was a little discouraged because my illustrations weren’t turning out how I wanted them to but as I kept practicing, I was able to draw what I envisioned. I love its simplicity, but it has its drawbacks. I find myself having to search up simple things like selecting multiple layers. I guess this goes for even the adobe suite but it is more straightforward.  But once you search up how to do it, it is easy to grasp. Another drawback I think is there are limited layers. The bigger the file size the fewer layers you are likely to have. However, I understand because Procreate is on an iPad and it isn’t as large as a computer space-wise but It does limit the things I can do sometimes. Despite these drawbacks, I find it easier to be creative. I have always preferred doing art traditionally, but this app changed my view on digital art.

These are three completed drawings I did on Procreate: