My Flaws, #7

I have been struggling with the internship this week. I have never felt so burnt out before. I know the burn out is due to me not only having this internship but also managing five classes. Before this semester started, I knew that this would require a lot of time and effort so I quit my paying job so I can focus on my classes and the internship.

I been trying hard to push through and keep my hours as up as possible. However, if I am being honest when I compare my work to other interns I am not as on top of things as everyone else. I am learning that I need to be more independent when it comes to tasks.

Businesswoman By Window Working On Laptop In Coffee Shop
Alt Text: Businesswoman By Window Working On Laptop In Coffee Shop
Image Source: https://www.greatsampleresume.com/blog/resume/how-to/write/emphasizing-the-ability-to-work-independently-on-your

I am used to waiting until someone tells me what they need done and doing it. I am used to receiving direction and following it. With this position I am learning the need to also be able to come up with my own projects and ideas to pitch to the team and my supervisor. This way the workflow never stops.
I am not used to pitching ideas and coming up with projects, so this is very new to me and something I need to work on. During this internship I have pitched one project and the rest was me waiting to be assigned a task and then I do what was assigned.

I am learning that in the creative field the work never stops. I need to be constantly thinking and creating. Moving forward for the remaining of my internship I hope to build my independence when it comes to assigning myself projects. This will help me maintain my hours as well as build skills such as working independently and creative thinking to solving problems.