Journal Six

Self-Evaluate on Project:

It’s my third week here as an intern here at Artwing NY. During the past three weeks there was I learned, this being my first time having any work experiences, working with different people who already have a career as a designer, photographer and art director it’s different from learning in school. In school, they prepare students what not to do and what to do as designers. When it comes to assignments or projects as students we get a month to get it done. As an intern, I was assigned my project for two weeks, to ask any questions as soon my supervisor finished explaining the project and to keep in contact with him in case I was finished, to get his remarks on the assignment and even show the work to the photographer since I was using their work for the assignment.

In my opinion with the amount of time I had available to work on it, all the sources I had around me to make it interesting than just piling images on top of each other and looking at the examples Scott provided me with. Instead of using all that time doing other things instead of my assignment made me realized I could had done better. I could had shown what I can bring to the table, instead of making it look plain and straightforward, Scott liked what I had to show but I didn’t divide time to work on each collage in different approaches and see what I could had done.

When being assigned to this project I forgot to include one of the thing Scott advised me to do which was make it into an email blast, be able to make the email interactive to take them to Artwing website or their photographer’s portfolio in their website. I’m still learning along the way, I’ll use the experiences I have so far to do much better in the future.