Journal Entry #5 PlayStation Eye Software?

When trying to found out software for a webcam, there is no doubt that the software has to do with some type of multimedia things. Since the PlayStation Eye is pretty much a webcam, one can say that it comes with software. Well it does! According the the PlayStation Blog, the PlayStation Eye comes with free editing software called EyeCreate to download on the PlayStation Network. Taken directly from the PlayStation Blog word for word: “EyeCreate editing software allows you to save photos, video and audio clips to your PS3 hard disk drive and apply eye-catching visual effects to your images”. “Different capture modes like time-lapse and slow motion open up a world of possibilities to be explored further in EyeCreate’s editing suite, where you can turn your media into professional looking movies”. So in my own words this means that you can use the PlayStation Eye to make whatever you capture with it into something spectacular and professional.

When talking about the software, I guess maybe you can say the games for the PlayStation Eye count as software? A game called “The Eye of Judgement” would be an example of a game that uses the Eye to the full extent. “It is a visually stunning experience that adds a third dimension to the trading card genre”. It makes you feel like you are somewhat in he game itself. “Specially coded cards transform into amazing spells and creatures before you through the power of the PlayStation Eye”.

I can’t really think of anything else when it comes to software for the PlayStation Eye so I guess that is it for now.

Here’s a link to the PlayStation blog if you want keep up to date with anything PlayStation related.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

And also, here’s a Pinkie Pie.