Lab Report 2: Blender’s Game Logic Editor

Objective: In addition to find out what bit me, I would try to familiarize myself with the basics of the Blender Game Logic Editor

Materials: A steady hand, working mouse and Blender software

Method: I would open up the Blender software and try to follow along as the teacher explains the steps i need to take to accomplish my objective. I would then try do it on my own outside of the teacher’s help and or instructions.

Results: I was able to follow along as the teacher explained all the necessary steps needed to activate the Game Logic Editor. I did have some difficulty at first in that i hadn’t changed my setting from Render to Game, so i was almost left behind instruction-wise. Fortunately for me the Game Logic Editor dealt with Sensors, Controllers and Actuators. Three terms i’m quite familiar with from last semesters Physical Computing class. As a result it became pretty straight-forward,

I was able to pick a sensor, in this case i picked Keyboard under which i picked Space-bar as my key. Afterward a dot appears right next to the sensor box.

Then I picked a controller, in this case i picked And. Yes another dot appears right next to the box.

Finally I  picked an actuator, in this case i picked Visibility. You guessed it another dot appears right next to the box.

So what are these dots for again?

Afterward, connect each one of the dots from the sensor to the controller to the actuator, simply by just drawing a line across from one to the other.

Then I defined the Sensor Keyboard key by hitting the Space-bar which showed me this.

After the screen above appeared i then pressed P for play and bam! this happened:

Yup, i pulled an Houdini alright.

Discussion:

I thought this was pretty cool. I only wished i was able to pull more than a Houdini. However, i will be sure to download this on my home computer and play with it more.

About rusnuvol

I'm tall.