Journal Entry #1 – Introduce yourself/Show and Tell

Hello world! The syllabus told me to write a journal entry about myself so here goes! My name is Justin Seda. I am very indecisive when it comes to deciding what I want to do in my life. Right now, my current interest is anything that involves video games. This means I’m a gamer..big surprise! I started to get into 3D modeling using Blender and I love it so far! I’ve actually made my own little game with the Blender Game Engine and I’m sort of proud of it. This class itself is going to refresh my memory on Blender and hopefully inspire me to make wonderful things! I’ve been pretty rusty with Blender so far, but hopefully as this semester goes along, I will be back to my roots and I pray that I’ll be better than ever! Animation is something to caught my interest. Both 2D and 3D animation are equally interesting to me. This is where my indecisive me kicks in because I like to do 3D modeling on Blender, but ever since I started the intro to Animation course this semester, I’ve been looking towards Animation a lot. I’ve been thinking to somehow incorporate both in my life, but that will require an absurd amount of work. I probably will end up using both 3D modeling and animation together in the end anyway, but right now I am going to focus more on 3D modeling. This is because my strengths are within Blender while in animation, I am just starting out.

Besides the fact that I wanted to get into 3D modeling from playing a lot of video games and friends inspiring me, my main inspiration is from my favorite game League of Legends. I play LoL a lot and keep up with the news of the game every day. The game has been out for a long time so they have models that are outdated over the years. Eventually, they decide to do something called a visual upgrade. They completely revamp the old model to look like the current new models. This itself was a big inspiration for me. I want to make something so visually changing and appealing.

Here are examples of old model revamps in League of Legends:

This site is where I get information on news for LoL: http://www.surrenderat20.net/

4 Responses to Journal Entry #1 – Introduce yourself/Show and Tell

1. PLASX says:

you never gave me your mugen game you made, i’m mad about that.

2. Gabby B. says:

With how often I play League of Legends, it actually never made it into my journal entry!

I would say your conflicting feelings on modelling and animation are easily fixed: learn and become proficient at both. By the time you do, you’ll have a feel for which you prefer, and then you can focus on learning more in that area!

3. stephanie s says:

I think your revamps are wonderful!

4. J.Seda says:

Sorry Daniel, my mugen game got lost somewhere in this abyss I call a computer lol.

That’s very true Gabby. The 3D modeling class I’m taking right now is actually teaching Maya and I just fell in love. So i think I’m going to focus more on 3D modeling now lol.

Thanks Stephanie!