Internship Journal Entry #3

The work at the office was in full steam now. I was a chugging train stopping from station to station and dropping off deliverables like there was no tomorrow. Slightly dramatic but that was what it felt like during that week. I had just met with a client I worked with last semester and needed to create three types of deliverable: flyers, posters, and an electronic PDF. One of the workshops was coming up too soon so unfortunately, I only created the flyers for that workshop. The client and I went through a good chain of emails going over tweaks and edits to improve the flyer to what they wanted. I had never really traded feedback as much before. Which was refreshing in a way; It felt like class. However, eventually I started to feel the coal in my train start fuming in the engine. I don’t recall having a proper day off that week.

On the bright side though, I had also met with the client for the promotional video. I had shown them two potential ideas I had for the video and they chose the one I secretly wanted them to pick. So I’m very excited about working on that. Especially considering I’m currently setting my goals for a career in video production and motion graphics. I really felt like I was in my element.