Henry Harde’s Wines & Liquors

I visited Henry Harde’s Wines and Liquors store established in 1933. It is new my job in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Everyone in this neighborhood knows of this store especially that it is local and on the expensive side. It is in the middle of a busy neighborhood full of restaurants and bars that will always need their last minute bottles of anything and this is always open. It had a nice feel with books and toys around the shelves, it made it feel homey.

I spoke to a semi nice gentleman that I asked if I could take pictures and he told me to take some and go because its a illegal so that was a nice talk but I took some before he noticed. This place had sections for each country as in Italy, France, California, New World and even a section for Sparkling which is my favorite type of wines so that makes it easier for people to find what they want and where they want it from. there was also little facts next to wines and what not.

I asked the gentle man what was his best selling wine he just said red so asked what kind and what company was the most sold so he showed me a black and red bottle called Apothic Red vintage is 2014 which is from California. This wine is a full bodied, bold blend of Zinfandel, Syrah, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon. The price was 11.99 with 13.5% alcohol which is not bad for a nice, tasty wine like this because I indeed bought it to enjoy it myself. There was a history fact explaining what Syrah is and where it came from which was interesting because we haven’t learned about it yet.

1 thought on “Henry Harde’s Wines & Liquors