Retail Wine Store Analysis

SoHo Wines & Spirits

On Monday afternoon I visited SoHo Wines and Sprits store located on 461 West Broadway, the front display window of the store contained a pyramid made out of boxes of  Verve Cliquiot ,some Möet Champagne are also represented. An aged Bordeaux Red Wine displayed in a wooden box, White wines, Sparkling wines are represent in the display window. Walking into this store, the door is made of glass. The check out is right once you enter the store. As I kept walking in, the first marketing I noticed was a set up of Champagne.

Stephen Masullo was the floor manager on duty, I asked him how come they chose to have a set up of champagne right when people walk in and also in the front display?  Massillon quickly answered “ Because this is SoHo,PARTY city”.

As Masullon took the time to give me a quick tour of his store, he explained the layout of this particular Wine store. The objective is to get the guest to experience on their own every country and their regions. The store is broken up into sections. Each shelves within the section contains a regions. This store is spacious and open where the guest can easy locate any wine they will like to purchase. the following question asked “ What is the oldest Bordeaux wine you carry in the store? Masullon pointed right to the middle of the floor within the section of France .“ The oldest Bordeaux wine we carry is a 2003,we mostly carry some young Bordeaux .”

What is the difference between a “New world and an Old world? A wine of Cabernet from California will most likely feel more full and fruity than a wine from Bordeaux. what does it mean to decant a wine?

To decant a wine it all depends if the wine is younger or an aged wine. To decant a wine can take from thirty minutes to three hours. For younger wine thirty minutes is recommended to awaken the wine. For aged wine decant can take longer, time will cause wine to have sediment. Which decant is recommended before drinking any aged wine for an enjoyable and tasteful glass of wine.

The store overall was clean and fun to experience, Masullon took the time to ask me some questions about wine, since I told him I was creating an analysis of his shop. He also invited me on November 3rd, to go by and enjoy wine tasting with a small group he is going to host during holidays.

.front

FRONT OF THE STORE

french

FRENCH WINE  SECTION

sparkling

SPARKLING WINE SECTION

CALI

CALIFORNIA SECTION

ALSACE

SHELVES REPRESENTS THE REGION

SECTIONS

FRANCE AND ITALY SECTION

CRATES

IMG_4556 (1)

DISPLAY IN THE FRONT

PRICES

PRICE LIST FOR CHAMPAGNE

7 thoughts on “Retail Wine Store Analysis