For Class #15
1 )Summary of the 2019 Spring Semester – 1 page
- DUE MAY 08 “36 Hours ” Article
- 20% of course gradeTaskYou have been hired by the New York Times to write the “36 Hours in…” column. Your first assignment is to write a “36 Hours ” article. Students will be provided a category of tourism and will gather information about their category along the area,also participate in a field trip to the area to support their research. Role and Audience
The article is to be written to satisfy one of the following reasons for tourists to travel:
- Historic Tourism 5. Adventure Tourism
- Ecotourism 6. Sports Tourism
- Food and Drink Tourism 7. Heritage Tourism
- Fashion Tourism 8. Cultural Tourism (choose an artform)
- Write an article following the format used in the NY Times “36 Hours in…” column.
- Embed in your post the links to the online sources you use, also include an APA style reference list at the end of the “article”.
- Upload to the site only the photos you will use in your post. All photographs must be your own and must include a photo credit.
- Submit in the paper form and PDF form with pictures.
Use the criteria discussed in class when choosing and describing your selected restaurants, hotel, and points of interest:
- Restaurants: menu, ambience, service, price value
- Hotel: service, ambience, price value, amenities
- Points of interest: appropriateness, feasibility (within 36 hour time frame)
All writing must be original
Criteria for Assessment
See assignment rubric for more information.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Discuss the scope of the hospitality and tourism industry
- Gather information from observation in regard to the hospitality industry from a local, national and global perspective
- Evaluate and apply information discerningly from a variety of sources to classify and examine food and beverage operations
A 93-100 points A- 90-92.9 points
B+ 87-89.9 points B 83-86.9 points B- 80-82.9 points
C+ 77-79.9 points C 70-76.9 points
D 60-69.9 points
F 59.9 –0 points
Electronic Profile 5%
Industry Research 10%
Concierge Marketing Assignment 20%
“36 Hours In..” Assignment 20%
Shared Reading 10%
Weekly Homework 25%
Class Participation 10%
Learning outcomes per assignment
*Late assignments will not accepted