Welcome to HMGT 1101 Spring Class!
An overview of the history, likely directions and organizational structure of the hospitality industry and its role in local, national and global economies. Students are introduced to the nature and scope of the hospitality industry, basic terminology, management concepts, career path explorations and the department’s mission and culture.
Upon completion of HMGT 1101, the student will be able to
- Identify the scope of the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Understand and describe the characteristics of the hospitality and tourism industry from a local, national and global perspective.
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of key executives and department heads in the hospitality industry.
- Differentiate hotel classifications.
- Classify and examine food and beverage operations.