Nayely Ataupillco

When I started college, I was thinking of pursuing on being a nurse and trying to get into the nursing program. For the first year of being in CITY TECH, I was in a Liberal Arts major but before getting into the nursing program I notice that I was something that I would want to be doing for the rest of my family. My family noticed that I wasn’t interesting in medicine because I was cooking and baking in my free time. Which is something important that this major consist of. Chossing to major in Hospitality and Management is something that goes better with me because it would be something that I like doing. I come from a Hispanic background in which food means a lot to the community and culture. I don’t go back that often to Peru but I can still experience food from countries that are not Hispanic which is a great thing. One day I want to have my own business like open my own bakery or something like that. Although, I don’t have working experience so I don’t really know how it is to work in a business but I have volunteered. I know how to achieve my goals even if sometimes is difficult to do it, I work hard for the things that I want even if I have struggle with myself to get there.

3 thoughts on “Nayely Ataupillco

1. Raquel Melendez

Kudos to you for discovering that cooking/baking is your passion! I too come from a Hispanic background both my Salvadorian and Puerto Rican culture influence my taste palate and cooking recipes, extra adobo on the side. Hispanic culture as you said goes hand to hand with family and identity! Continue to dream big; the great thing here is that there are wealth of experiences waiting to be tapped.