Mariame Traore

I am a high school graduate who is now attending New York City College Of Technology. I came into college without a clue on what route I would take. As a liberal arts major I am trying out the Hospitality  major to see if I would be able to pursue a career in this field. I enjoy cooking, baking, planning and management. Four of the most important things this major consist of. I come from a African background food and hospitality means a lot in my culture. Going to Africa this summer made me realize how important catering to people is. It feels nice when you are well taken care of where ever you go.In my culture we prepare food with a lot of flavor and different spices. I have experience working at my aunts west African market where I was exposed to different kinds of meats, peppers, vegetables and etc. I am very good at communicating  and like things to be organized. These are two characteristics a business owner should have. This is a little bit about me career wise can’t wait to see where this college experience leads me.

1 thought on “Mariame Traore