About Me

My name is Hamatee Manick-Singh and I am a Registered Nurse. I received my associate degree at BMCC and currently pursuing my Bachelor’s in Nursing.  Nursing is something I’ve always wanted to do since age 7, after witnessing an incident that happened to a loved one in my family. This family member suffered from a seizure and then was diagnosed with a stroke. Afterwards she suffered from hemiplegia to her left side of her body and need assistance with daily tasks.  I helped take care of her over the next several years and was always there at her side to help. This also awakened an interest in me regarding the field of nursing. I want to continue to help others.  After being in the nursing program I have learned so much about caring for the patients, seeing them holistically instead of a diagnosis, teaching and educating them, stressing preventative care, doing physical assessments, administering medication and most importantly being a team player in the health team to get the job done accurately and effectively.