FEB 27 Thu/ First Photo-shoot Experience

FEB 27 Thu/ INTERNSHIP JOURNAL : Day #4

I got to assist Prof. Vargas with Photo-shoot for Nursing department in the new Academic building. Photography is not one of my strengths, and I’ve never been to any professional photo-shoots, so it was very interesting to see what it’s like to work with professional photographer.

Since I don’t have any knowledge, I didn’t get to help set up the Camera and lighting equipment, but I got to take a look at his camera/light setup for photo-shoot. Prof. Vargas himself took a picture of the setting, so he can remember next time.

Another thing I learned is how to handle a large group of people. We took a shot of about 20 students and faculty members and took individual shots as well. At the individual shooting, Prof. Vargas always asked everyone’s name and built a rapport with the model, and he asked models to say “Watermelon”. It made everyone smile and curious why watermelon? It turns out that the word “Watermelon” generates natural smile rather than saying “Cheese”.  That was very fun method.

photoshoot
tripod used for video camera
photoshoot
photoshoot set up
photoshoot
photoshoot set up
Video Camera used for promo video shooting