NUR 4130: Cover Letter

Dear Nurse Administrator:

I am writing in response to your job posting at NYC Department of Education for a school nurse.  As you consider candidates for this position, I believe you’ll find value in my prior work experience as EMT-B at First Response Ambulance, where many of my fellow EMTs and supervisors view me as competent EMT to deliver patient care. I have enclosed my resume to provide you with an overview of my experience, training, and credentials.

I am CPR certified and NYS licensed EMT-B and have worked for over a year at First Response Ambulance, Special Operation Division (SOD). As part of SOD, I am assigned to work at Barclay’s Center, Citifield and different other events all over NYC. At SOD, I work closely with a team of EMTs and paramedics. I have responded to a wide variety of emergency calls such as cardiac arrest, choking, anaphylactic reaction and asthma attack. Also, I have provided assistance to paramedics in setting up cardiac monitors, IV lines/supplies and intubation equipment. I have also operated emergency vehicles with attentive driving skills to ensure safe transport.

I am very interested in beginning my nursing career at NYC public schools.  My experience as an EMT-B will make me a highly qualify candidate for your job position. Combined with my availability to work a flexible schedule, I am confident that I would an asset to your team.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Hlawn P. Aung, R.N