NUR 4130 Self Analysis and Individual Strengths

Self-Analysis

When reminiscing on my earlier days back in associates nursing program, I’ve noticed that I would spent 6 to 8 hours a day on regular basis to study and up to 12 hours when exams are coming up. Now, my experience with BSN program also produces similar stress as I had encountered in ASN program due to working one full time, one part time job and managing time to finish all the term papers and to study for exams. However, both programs, especially Dr. Egues’s Community Health Nursing class had taught me how to think critically, patient assessment skills,  self-confidence, therapeutic communication and most importantly, having a true compassion to help others. In my opinion, BSN program also sharpens the art of writing, time management, and multitasking. It is indeed demanding for most of us but in a long term, all these pressures that we are going through will build tolerance to extreme stress and we will be able to cope without any difficulties in our highly demanding careers. Nevertheless, I can honestly say that obtaining my BSN will definitely be helpful in my future career and I will continue to strive forward to become an extraordinary nurse practitioner.

My Personal Strengths

As a Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) Nurse at Harlem Hospital Center, I am confident that I have the ability to work under extreme pressure at one of the most hostile environments. I am also very enthusiastic about my work. I believe if I’m enthusiastic and dedicated about my work, other team members including CNAs and Behavioral Health Associates (BHAs) will respond with respect and comply with my directions. In addition, I can communicate and collaborate with other team members efficiently in order to maintain safe and therapeutic environment. Furthermore, I can easily adapt to new environment. Since city hospitals are always short-staffed, I always get assigned to different units and I make sure to maintain my professionalism and composure to ensure quality care for my patients.