Community Services/ Volunteer

I have been a member of the New Vision Baptist Church for 8 years. Where I have been involved in the missionary auxiliary for 5 of those years. I was appointed as the secretary by the members of the group. I functioned in this capacity for 5 years. As a missionary two Saturdays per month I had to visit patients in the nursing homes pray with them, read books or short stories to the residents. The last Saturday of the month was reserved for feeding people in need and distributing dry foods and can stuff to the community that was in hardship. Once every quarter the Missionaries would provide meals for the members of one of the senior citizen homes in the area.

During my years at New Vision Full Gospel Baptist Church I was instrumental in formulating and implementing the use of HIPPA forms to protect the members privacy, and also protect the church from legal actions. I was a member of a mentoring program in the New Vision Prisons Ministry where I spent two Thursday evenings a month at the Essex County Juvenile Detention Center. I was able to mentor teenage girls who were incarcerated for various offenses including drug possession, prostitution, and theft.

I taught the 7-9 year old Sunday school, this is such a wonderful age group to work with . They are always willing to help you with whatever needs to be done.

Member of Lutheran Medical Center Federal Waiver Committee. The committee is responsible for managing 5 million dollars in federal funds which were acquired to assist in the upgrade of employees and improve the infrastructure of the hospital.

Acted as jobs committee co-chairperson, grievance committee chairperson and labor management committee member responsible for resolving issues within the organization between labor and management.

I have been an 1199 Union delagate for 10 years and have helped resolved many issues between management and employees.

LaGuardia Community College Spring 2010 Class Representative.