Finding Your Voice

11/15 unit 3 proposal

In my research I have learned the different types of fields and or skills to use for being financially literate and where that can take you. I learned the basic definition of financial literacy, the steps to get started and other alternatives to do when one skill doesn’t work right for you and your needs. For my project I am targeting college students or in general people in the educational environment mostly starting from freshmen’s in high school to even graduates of higher level of academic education. This will help me and also help the audience/specific reader get the mindset of someone else who doesn’t have the same experience in college but same circumstances of being in school and knowing what it’s like to possibly lack in a financial situation such as, investing, saving, stocking, marketing, etc. I plan to propose my project in a brochure outline so it can be a quick and convenient type of reading that they won’t be overwhelmed with so much reading and leave the concept knowing at least what it’s like to be finically literate when they start their journey economically.  I intend to get started with at least finding one more source that has all of my sources or at least somewhat of my sources similarities in one and splitting it into key notes and figures/ ideas in the brochure so it’s simple yet informative. My main concern about this project is if I’ll end up being stuck with actually splitting all of my information into one brochure of simple reading

1. Jonathan Sichka

I see that you are trying to inform your audience about how to be smart with the money you have. You state the audience you are trying to reach is high school freshmen to college graduates. I believe you can expand your audience, your audience can be financially irresponsible people, financially illiterate, or people who are in a bad financial situation. I believe this because it’s not just adults and adolescents who are trying to save and invest their money. It’s also older people who are trying to maximize their retirement such as their 401k or have a trust fund set up, and leave a good life for their loved ones. I see that you need some sources. The Wall Street Journal is a great source for the stock market (https://www.wsj.com/). One of your concerns is splitting up the information. One way you can split up your information is by going by topical order. Start off by explaining the stock market, then you can move to how you can save your money, what are some ways you can get into investing, etc.