Throughout this term, I have learned to better develop my writing and analysis. By using more descriptive details and your choice of words so that, it would seem as if the reader is present in your scene. Also, to describe the outside scene as best you can. For instance, in unit 1, I’ve really tried to describe the scene that states “It was a nice and bright summer day as the ceremony of my middle school graduation began, my principal called my name, “Christine Li”. I get up with nervousness and excitement, hands shaking to cross the stage with a whole crowd of eyes staring at me. I shake my principal’s hand as he handed me my diploma. I scan through the crowd from left to right looking for my parents as I raised my diploma to show them.” Furthermore, in unit 1, it also states “ As the bell rang for the next class, I walk down the stairs and to my left, there it was. The exist to my school building and how tempting it was for me to simply just cut class. I hear another notification and looked down at my phone saying “just come, it’s just one day,” I look at the exit and started walking towards it and just like that I’m outside the school building with my friends.  I felt so guilty for skipping class but I thought to myself one day wouldn’t hurt.” These two quotes demonstrate how I was trying to really make the reader picture the scene but obviously can still use more improvement. 

As a writer, I find myself taking an abundance amount of time doing so because it just makes me think a lot and sometimes it can be difficult. However, throughout this semester, I’ve learnt to better manage my time while still maintaining a good effort and paper. Especially, I put a lot of thought on how I want to phrase my words. For instance, in unit 2, I’ve stated  that “hoodies and sweats has been very popular among people. These garments might have been considered dress down, or a better word, “bummy.” But however, nowadays, it’s nothing to see these pieces go up in value by a tremendous amount. As for the future of fashion, fashion continues to evolve overtime. Streetwear is likely to be cozy, comfortable, and a trend that people are very much leaning into and loving, especially these days.” Here, I really tried my best to choose the best words I could think of to sound more professional and to be sure I know what I’m talking about. As a reader, I always considered myself a slow reader because whenever I read something fast, it’s as if I never even read it and I wouldn’t have a clue of what I just read. I learnt to go in my own pace and sometimes I even need to reread the sentence carefully in order for me to fully understand the point given.

A challenge I had in this course would definitely be the word count. I felt like the word count amount was always way too high and I felt like I don’t have much to say to be able to reach the minimum word count. Even writing this reflection right now is sort of difficult to reach the word count. I overcame this challenge by explaining more about the point I’m trying to get across. By, including an example or a quote or anything that might relate to the point so I would be able to reach the minimum word count goal.

The knowledge I have gained this term can be used in the future throughout my college career because I have developed a better understanding of writing. Learning on how to better use descriptive details to get your point across clearly can be beneficial to future projects similar to unit 1. This can help me express myself, reach my target audience throughout my writing, and allow myself to get better grades. For instance, I’ve realized throughout unit 1 to unit 3, I’ve realized my grade just have went up and up. For instance, in unit 1, I received a B. Secondly, in unit 2, I received a B+. Finally, in unit 3, I received an A. Overall, with the help of this term I will transfer this knowledge to other writing situations in future courses as well  as in my daily life.Â