electro-mech.com. ā€œScoreboards ā€“ How Did Baseball Become America’s Favorite Sport?ā€ Articles and News about Team Sports Scoreboards and More, 23 Apr. 2018, https://www.electro-mech.com/team-sports/baseball/how-did-baseball-become-americas-favorite-sport/.

Summary: How did Baseball Become America’s Favorite Sport? by a company called electro-mech is an article that talks about baseball and its beginnings. Baseball is a sport that has had a lot of up and down. You might be surprised to find out that the popularity of baseball really didnā€™t come about until the 1940s. There were a number of reasons which all seem to culminate together at synergistic moments. Joe DiMaggio became a celebrity in the country when he hit in fifty-six straight games. As a nation, we entered into a war, which removed potential male players. Baseball saw the introduction of women on the field and the All-American Girlā€™s Professional Baseball League was founded. The country needed the chance to have fun during a time of crisis, and the women in this league played just as hard and fast as the men. It took a while, but game attendance for the girlā€™s games continued to increase until there was little or no distinction between the games. As the war waned and men slowly returned from the battlefield, Jackie Robinson entered the playing field, breaking barriers and records. This 1947 move also involved an oath that Jackie Robinson took. The topic of baseball became the most talked-about sport and at this point, became Americaā€™s favorite. Ā Rhetorical Analysis:Ā Electro-mech is a company that creates articles talking about sports like Baseball, Football, Basketball, and many more. The primary audience is people who want to know how everything started with baseball and how it got popular.Ā  Also, people who want to know how Jackie Robinson got into the game. The purpose of this article is for people that are new to baseball to get an idea of where everything started and so people can learn about the history.

Quote Sandwich: In an article called How did Baseball Become America’s Favorite Sport? by a company called electro-mech, they wrote, “Baseball was proven to be a sport for all races, creeds, and sexes and could be played wherever someone found an open field, with little financial investment for equipment”. What they want to say is that to play baseball you don’t need a 300$ glove and that baseball is a sport that everyone can play. For me, this means that sports are for every gender and that what made is that you have fun. I agree and disagree with this quote, I disagree because here in the United State to play baseball in a team you will need to spend a lot of money on equipment, but I also agree because when I used to live in D.R I and my friends use to play baseball with a tennis ball that cost less than a dollar and a homemade bat in an open field. It really depends on where you live, to play baseball in the city you will need some money.