Finding Your Voice

hw for 9/6

In the text Mike Bunn explain show reading something can help you understand a main idea or message the passage has or story.  Which is crazy to think because I never thought they way I read a text help me understand better.  I think what Mike the author is trying to get us to understanding is that in order to understand something you have to break it down or even read it a few time so you can analysis  whatever you reading.  Many people will annotate the part of a text where they don’t understanding to get the author message or pint of view. Some of the thing I already write are the parts of the passage where  feel of most important or words, sentence, don’t understand. There’s many ways I already use these steps like when I don’t a words from the text I reading I’ll usually write the word the side of the page so when I’m done I can go back and use google to find what the word mean. Also, my first language is Spanish so sometime I don’t know what a words mean so I use google translate to help me. These expertise will help me out in my college reading writing life because I will already have a technique that will make its fast for me to read and understand whatever I’m reading.  Yes, there were a lot of interesting  things in Bunn’s article like he reading in the theater with the flashlights or where he read a way to understand the passage better. Everyone  is different so the fact that Bunn suggested people to read this way means that it could work for you.  I would definitely try this out because I may never know if it’s going to work help for me if I don’t try it.

1. Carrie Hall

I think these are all great strategies! It’s great when you don’t understand a word to wait to look it up (if you can) so that you can keep on reading. Nice work!