NUR 4010 FA 2013

active 10 years, 2 months ago
NUR 4010 FA 2013
Nursing
NUR 4010

This course builds upon the student’s knowledge of nursing and provides the requisites required for practice as a community health nurse. The focus is on health promotion, disease prevention and maintenance of health, which is the core of community-based care. Selected concepts such as evidence-based care that contribute to the foundation of community-based nursing will be discussed. The course will examine historical perspectives, the value of community health, the nurse’s present day professional expectations and accompanying changes in responsibilities, accountability for practice and ethical and transcultural considerations. The curriculum will focus on specific contemporary community health issues including communicable diseases, mental health and preparedness for bioterrorism.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Aida Egues

This course has been cloned or re-cloned 2 times; view clone(s).

Narrative Self-Reflection

Sonia Preston-Campbell Narrative Self-Reflection Introduction-As a student in the RN-BSN […] See MoreNarrative Self-Reflection

Delete Blood Cancer

Hello class, We are swabbing at the third avenue festival this Sunday October 6, 2013 from 9 am […] See MoreDelete Blood Cancer

Comment on "CHP-205-for-print.qxd CHP-205-for-print.qxd"

Today our clinical group continued to educate the residents of Sunset Park Community regarding […] See MoreComment on "CHP-205-for-print.qxd CHP-205-for-print.qxd"

Comment on "Assignments"

The Table "BHC Primary Service Area by Zip Code" can be seen at "Bellevue Hospital Center, […] See MoreComment on "Assignments"

Comment on "Assignments"

This is where you can see the map of Bellevue Hospital Center's primary service […] See MoreComment on "Assignments"

Service Learning Project: Member List and Duties

Let us think also of the Spanish-speaking community who are a large percentage of the visitors to Bellevue Hospital Center. See MoreService Learning Project: Member List and Duties

The Brooklyn Historical Society.

The Brooklyn Historical Society, 128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, September 24, 2013 at 1:30p.m. Today, my second visit to the Brooklyn Historical Society as it celebrates its 150th anniversary. It “is at a magical c […] See MoreThe Brooklyn Historical Society.

Self reflection narrative

Christina Ming                        Narrative Self Reflection My clinical placement for community health nursing course took place in Bellevue Hospital which is America’s oldest continuously operating hospital and serving patients regardl See MoreSelf reflection narrative

Self-Reflection

Community Nursing has expanded by outlook of working with clients and their families in the community setting and has helped me to grow professionally.  My sensitivity to community issues has increased and as a result will help me serve more See MoreSelf-Reflection

Narrative Self Reflection

This semester, in Community Health Nursing, my clinical placement site was Delete Blood Cancer. I have completed the clinical objectives that were indicated for this class. Objective #1: Demonstrates individual professionalism through personal See MoreNarrative Self Reflection