NEH Making Connections

active 5 years, 10 months ago
NEH Making Connections
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences, Professional Studies, Technology & Design
Project Description

This is the project for a new NEH program at City Tech, “Making Connections: Engaging the Humanities at a College of Technology.” This fellowship opportunity will bring together faculty from across the campus to discuss cultural theory, literature and film as they relate to technology. Through collaboration with faculty from other disciplines, fellows will strengthen the interdisciplinary course offerings at City Tech, an important priority for the College’s new Gen Ed.

Humans Need Not Apply

See MoreHumans Need Not Apply

Objects response

I do a lot of work with augmented/virtual reality and it usually involves trying to make the […] See MoreObjects response

Night Photography/Objects

Some of the Robert Brook photographs of industrial ruins do seem to describe and convey a history […] See MoreNight Photography/Objects

I know this isn't an actual answer to your assignment, Christopher, but the tail end of our […] See More

Hope I’m getting some of this right: a) fake lace-up ‘bovver’ boots (but who has the time to la […] See More

Yes, the games are a later conflation of the events of the chernobyl disaster with the events of […] See More

The Two Cultures – Humanities and Sciences

Research $ for the military is flooding the market, and other options are fewer and fewer. I subscribe to the COS research funding website. With the key words "theater" and "performance" I get dozens of hits for military research projects […] See MoreThe Two Cultures – Humanities and Sciences