MAT1575 Calculus II, Spring 2015

active 8 years, 1 month ago
MAT1575 Calculus II, Spring 2015
Mathematics
MAT1575
Spring 2015

A continuation of Calculus I (i.e., MAT 1475). The course begins with integration: definition of definite and indefinite integrals, the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, techniques of integration, improper integrals, and applications of integrals to areas, volumes and arc lengths. The latter half of the course covers Taylor polynomials, the Mean Value Theorem, infinite sequences and series, tests of convergence, and Taylor series.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Suman Ganguli

Final Exam Study Guide

The final exam is this Wednesday, May 20, at the usual class time. Below is an outline of topics t […] See MoreFinal Exam Study Guide

Summary of Tests for Infinite Series

I wrote up a summary of the various tests for convergence/divergence of infinite series that we […] See MoreSummary of Tests for Infinite Series

Exam #2: Review Exercises + Example Videos

As we've been discussing in class, our 2nd exam will be this Wednesday, April 15. Below is the […] See MoreExam #2: Review Exercises + Example Videos

No Comments Found

Final Exam / Extra Office Hours

The final exam is this Wednesday (May 20). I have posted a study guide: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/ganguli-mat1575-spring2015/2015/05/13/final-exam-study-guide/ I will have office hours over the next couple days before the exam. […] See MoreFinal Exam / Extra Office Hours

HW #10 & Exam #3

Update: the exam this Wednesday will not cover Sec 10.6 (Power Series). It will cover Sections 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5. In particular, understand #8 and #9 on the Final Exam Review Sheet--how the various tests are used to determine […] See MoreHW #10 & Exam #3

Tests for Infinite Series

Here is a summary I wrote up of the tests for convergence/divergence of infinite series that we discussed from Sections 10.2 and 10.3 of the text. You can use this as a reference as you do exercises, but also look at the examples in the […] See MoreTests for Infinite Series