Intro to Women Writers-Hybrid Spring 2014

active 9 years, 10 months ago
English
2150
Spring 2014

Official description: This survey course is designed to introduce both men and women to the writings of selected women writers, through readings by both major authors and less well-known writers. Issues of form, structure and genre will be discussed. Students will read, analyze and discuss themes raised by women writers. A variety of genres will be discussed including essays, short stories and poems, and a novel will be explored. Women writers from the United States, Great Britain, and the Caribbean may be included.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jody R. Rosen

An object biography

Green pants   1. They were green, a kind of olive-khaki. Cotton, or at least some cotton. […] See MoreAn object biography

Glossary Write-Up

Lapis Talisman Tinseled Navel Holler Tinkle Hubbub Bungled Slunk Veld […] See MoreGlossary Write-Up

Video Presentation

http://youtu.be/-KNobrkC8kM See MoreVideo Presentation

Comment on "An object biography"

I really enjoyed this! Thank you for posting it. This reminds of me how long i denied myself […] See MoreComment on "An object biography"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

Appointments–for Project #2

Click Edit, and add your name next to the time you want. One appointment per student, and one student per appointment, please! When you're done, click SAVE at the bottom left. All appointments will be in my office, N520. Friday, See MoreAppointments–for Project #2

Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Emily Sawh. I was born and raised in Queens, NY. My ethnicity is Guyanese. Although I’ve never been to Guyana, I do know a lot about my culture and one day hope to visit. I have two older brothers, which love to spoil me s See MoreIntroduction

Aminata: introduction

Hi, I guess I can start by saying my name is Aminata  Sesay. A very creative way to start isn't it?  The name Aminata is of  African Senegal origin . Most individuals in North Africa are of Muslim  faith and therefore tend to use Muslim, Ara See MoreAminata: introduction