Intro to Women Writers-Hybrid Spring 2014

Hi everyone, my name is Emily Sawh. I was born and raised in Queens, NY. My ethnicity is Guyanese. Although I’ve never been to Guyana, I do know a lot about my culture and one day hope to visit. I have two older brothers, which love to spoil me since I happen to be the youngest and the only girl. This is my fourth semester at City Tech and I am majoring in Human Services. Over the past few years I’ve had a little of difficulty and some confusion trying to decide what I want do in life. As I started to take more and more Human Services classes I decided that that is my field. I started to become more and more interested in my classes and work as time went on. I even looked forward to going to those classes the most. I love helping others which led me to this major. I do hope to get my bachelors degree in HUE one day. I am a very social person but there are times where I just feel like being by myself. I love listening to music and zoning out into my own little world. I have an obsession for penguins! I have no clue why but I love them. I have penguin socks, penguin stuffed animals, penguin earrings.. You name it, I have it. I would like to travel the world one day, sadly I’ve only went to Texas, Florida, and New Jersey. I also have an obsession with puppies. I wish I could own one someday but for now my mom says I’m too busy to take care of it. On my free time, I like to hang out with my family and just be silly. They always seem to make everything better. I live with both of my parents that I love with all of my heart. They’re both the best support system any kid could ask for. As a kid, I always loved English. Whenever we were assigned to write our short stories, I would go on and on. I am definitely looking forward to this class and learning some new things on the way.