FYLC – First Year Learning Communities

active 1 month ago
FYLC – First Year Learning Communities
This Project Profile is OPEN, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the Project Site.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences, Professional Studies, Technology & Design
Category
College, Community, Coursework, Curriculum, Faculty, Pedagogy, Research, Resource, Service, Staff, Student
Project Description

Welcome to the First Year Learning Communities Open Lab project page. If you are interested in joining the Reflective Writing Project or just learning more about events, resources and information related to the FYLCs at City Tech please request membership!

Registration for next semester

Dear Sheldon, Have you been able to receive any help? Our FYLC peer mentors should be able to assist you. Lauri Aguirre FYP Director See MoreRegistration for next semester

Proposed FYLC Mission Statement

That would be fantastic. I will email you. See MoreProposed FYLC Mission Statement

Assignment Resources from the OpenLab Team

This doc highlights examples of different types of assignments that City Tech faculty use on the OpenLab to facilitate community-building in both teaching and learning. We encourage you to peruse these links for inspiration as you […] See MoreAssignment Resources from the OpenLab Team

Within My First Few Weeks of College

Coming into college after getting my GED meant everything to me. I had no intentions of playing around or wasting anymore of my precious time. Like most new coming students I had nothing but the biggest expectations for myself. I was […] See MoreWithin My First Few Weeks of College

First Few Weeks at City Tech

The transition from high school into college did not go as easy as I anticipated. Starting class from the summer I was forced to wake up out of my bed at 6 every morning from Monday-Thursday to reach class 8:30 am sharp. I struggled. […] See MoreFirst Few Weeks at City Tech