ENG 1101 LC22/CD322 Fall 2017

active 1 month ago
ENG 1101 LC22/CD322 Fall 2017
English,Humanities
1101

Attention Freshmen Writers: Armed with simply a pen and paper, we solve life’s complicated problems by breaking them down into simple steps. “In life there are no easy answers – or, are there?,” says our Mission Statement. “Large problems are actually workable when you break them down into simple steps. In this Learning Community (which combines English and Math), students will translate their own innate abilities into actionable tools for written communication and mathematical problem solving.”
ABOUT US: We are a First Year Learning Community at CityTech (NYCCT) that unites two professors, myself (Sarah Schmerler, English Dept.) and Grazyna Niezgoda, Mathematics. I teach ENG 1101, and Prof. Niezgoda teaches Math 065. We share the same students in both our classes in an effort to build unity and communication. It’s been proven that Freshmen have better skill retention and stay with the college experience when we, the faculty, combine our forces and work together.

Extra Credit

Many of you need it. Things missing from your Journal? Your rough draft not turned in on […] See MoreExtra Credit

Office Hour Revision for End of Term

To facilitate attendance, Office Hour will now be officially moved from Thursdays to immediately […] See MoreOffice Hour Revision for End of Term

Revised Party List, or: "Bad and Boujee, Part II" -- DEC 11

Okay, Class. Here is the revised party plan. If you are on the list and can NOT come through, […] See MoreRevised Party List, or: "Bad and Boujee, Part II" -- DEC 11

I did the extra credit. Please, tell me what you think about it on Monday. Also it would be nice […] See More

Done See More

: ) See More

The Worst/The Best Thing (about school so far)

I'm the oldest person in the room more often than I'd like to admit, Kory. So I can't say. That's just what happens when you get older but your goals stay vibrant. At least, that's how I try to see it. :) As for paperwork, that's what's […] See MoreThe Worst/The Best Thing (about school so far)

ENG 1121 In-Formation Presentation Worksheet

ENG 1121 Spring 2017, “In-Formation” Presentation Worksheet Resource List     […] See MoreENG 1121 In-Formation Presentation Worksheet

What’s Behind the Concept of “In-Formation”

“In-Formation” Definition: +The concept of creating a topic that is dynamic and always gathering energy +The imagining of "self" as being dynamic, under construction--a goal we arrive at after a lifetime of learning and seeking; an […] See MoreWhat’s Behind the Concept of “In-Formation”

Exercise # 1Proper quotation marks 1– revised from Purdue Owl Website

Quotation Mark and Italics and Punctuation Exercise Read the following sentences carefully. Where are the errors of punctuation, quotation, and italicization? Circle them and be prepared to explain why. "Mary is trying hard in […] See MoreExercise # 1Proper quotation marks 1– revised from Purdue Owl Website