ENG 1101 Fall 2021 0277

active 9 hours, 22 minutes ago
ENG 1101 Fall 2021 0277
English
ENG 1101

English Composition I is a course to help student improve their writing skills through various activities and assignments.

Writing well is essential for all college students regardless of their majors or future plans.

Student Survey

Faculty: You can use this survey to understand the technology and working spaces available to […] See MoreStudent Survey

Discussion: Introductions

Faculty: Below is a recommended activity that helps build community in your class and introduces […] See MoreDiscussion: Introductions

Student Post (Example)

Faculty: This example student post and comment demonstrate how students can contribute and […] See MoreStudent Post (Example)

No Comments Found

11/16 questions on the short story “Shiloh”

1) The main characters are Leroy Moffit and his wife Norma Jean. 2) There is conflict because Leroy is now stuck in his home due to the injury to his left foot from his tractor. His wife doesn't seem to be happy about his presence. 3) […] See More11/16 questions on the short story “Shiloh”

11/18 questions on short story 4, “A Rose for Emily”

1) A metaphor I notice is how the men compare Emily to a "Fallen Monument" or when they called her a tradition, a duty, and a care. 2) Some common similes and metaphors I hear in conversation are: "Busy as a bee", "As strong as an ox", […] See More11/18 questions on short story 4, “A Rose for Emily”

11/23 questions on “The Short, Happy Life of Frances Macomber”

6) A short story by Ernest Hemingway, called “The Short, Happy Life of Francis Macomber” https://faculty.washington.edu/jdb/303/Hemingway/The%20Short%20Happy%20Life%20of%20Francis%20Macomber.pdf (there is an audiobook version, read to […] See More11/23 questions on “The Short, Happy Life of Frances Macomber”

11/30 Gender Bias in stories–essay three

NOTE: I have also posted this in Files, as a pdf with highlighting and perhaps a more pleasing look. Gone Girl (2014) partial plot summary from Wikipedia: The day of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne returns home to find […] See More11/30 Gender Bias in stories–essay three

10/21 Quoting using other methods

Please see the Files folder for the document called 10/21 Methods B and D It has one indirect quote to do. See More10/21 Quoting using other methods

10/19 Method A tag before quote

Remember, an internal quote is what you would include inside the paragraphs of an essay.   I am posting two correct models for what I was expecting.  Please write what it asks you to write.   Quoting is an essential component […] See More10/19 Method A tag before quote