COMD3633, Advanced Strategies in Illustration, SP20

active 1 day, 3 hours ago
Communication Design
COMD 3633
Spring 2020

This course is designed to prepare the student for entry into the professional world of illustration. Development of a portfolio demonstrating a high level of skill and a personal style, as well as the ability to discuss the work in formal and conceptual terms is the primary focus. Additionally, the student will be introduced to a variety of professional practices and develop a familiarity with the local, regional and national scenes. The portfolio contents should demonstrate the student’s versatility and advanced skills while demonstrating consistency in presentation. This course is broken into 4 course goals: Portfolio Development , Professional Skills , Business Practices , Authorship

Q&A with Robin Ha

Helo Class- In preparation for meeting you all I asked Illustrator Robin Ha to answer a few […] See MoreQ&A with Robin Ha

Lance Webley Artist Heroes

My illustrations or style falls into the themes of weird, horror, and abstract. I'm interested in […] See MoreLance Webley Artist Heroes

Personal Style

I feel that I have a similar style of photo with peter. However, he is a great photographer […] See MorePersonal Style

What is the book publishing process like? How much of the book do you need to complete before you […] See More

What kind of things are you interested in drawing? I'm interested in drawing character designs […] See More

Inside the Business of Illustration – Promotion

. pg. 102 - Find studios, art directors, illustrators, etc. that match your ideals and something you want to work alongside with. Place them on your mailing list. . pg. 103 - Alphabetize your growing list in categories (organization is […] See MoreInside the Business of Illustration – Promotion

Inside the Business of Illustration – STYLE

I believe Style is a personality for each person. When I first start up my character drawing, I look into someone's work, observing details, trying to figure out how they do it. As I keep doing that, I push myself to have same work that […] See MoreInside the Business of Illustration – STYLE

Nuts & Bolts

This chapter surprising me about one's responsibility either to themselves or their family. When I was reading first half, I was thinking about creativity, how special we are as an illustrator, I feel like this kind of job is cool, is […] See MoreNuts & Bolts