COMD3633, Advanced Strategies in Illustration, SP20

active 1 day, 7 hours ago
Communication Design
COMD 3633
Spring 2020

This course is designed to prepare the student for entry into the professional world of illustration. Development of a portfolio demonstrating a high level of skill and a personal style, as well as the ability to discuss the work in formal and conceptual terms is the primary focus. Additionally, the student will be introduced to a variety of professional practices and develop a familiarity with the local, regional and national scenes. The portfolio contents should demonstrate the student’s versatility and advanced skills while demonstrating consistency in presentation. This course is broken into 4 course goals: Portfolio Development , Professional Skills , Business Practices , Authorship

Sketch

See MoreSketch

WEEK 11 Recording

Hello Class! Just in case you missed it or would like a rewatch ... ALL course materials, both […] See MoreWEEK 11 Recording

My Sketches For Week 10

See MoreMy Sketches For Week 10

He is. In my opinion he is living proof of what you and other professors has been telling us over […] See More

Who are some of your art inspirations that got you into art? What made you interested in […] See More

[…] SKETCHBOOK: Read this POST […] See More

Hacking Art Education with Illustrator Noah Bradley

I re watched the interview and his perspective was that art school is so expensive and after you graduate, after all those years you spend in school learning art, from an artistic perspective you really don't know what to create. You have […] See MoreHacking Art Education with Illustrator Noah Bradley

WEEK 9 Freaking Out

Referring to Freaking Out. Somehow I am Patrick's type of person who is being Catastrophizing all the time. Even though I look chill all the time. I think a lot about my future, what will I become, who will be my wife, how am I going to […] See MoreWEEK 9 Freaking Out

Week 8 Proper Online Discussion Techniques

Hello Class! We are moving out Class discussion to an online format. Here is where we will discuss new topics each week. You new topic will be labeled with the semester week. For example "Week 8 Proper Online Discussion […] See MoreWeek 8 Proper Online Discussion Techniques