COMD3503Spring2019 Topics in Graphic Design

active 4 years, 11 months ago
This Course Profile is OPEN, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the Course Site.
Communication Design
COMD3503
Spring 2019

Explores the role of graphic designer in contemporary visual communications with related design assignments and research. Graphic design trends; the impact of computer technology; examination of the work of major 20th century designers; global graphics; the ongoing dialogue between advertising and graphic design.
A large emphasis will be placed on awareness of the design world by observing the principles of design in our community: books, publications, web sources, museums and graphic art organizations. Students are expected to gather reference materials for all their projects and are encouraged to use the library resources. http://library.citytech.cuny.edu

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Marianna Trofimova

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

Trendsetters

David Rohee Topics in Graphic Design Trendsetter I believe that I am a trendsetter as a graphic designer because when I first started as an Advertising Design major, I would often be given the opportunity to look at art piece created by […] See MoreTrendsetters

Assignment #1 David Rohee

Originally I was enrolled in the advertising design module but felt like there was a lot I was missing out on because all we mostly did was ad campaigns. I eventually switched to graphic design and learned so much more. Being in graphic design I See MoreAssignment #1 David Rohee

Assignment #1 Savannah Hendrickson

In the TED talk "Doodlers, unite!", Sunni Brown talks about doodling and how it is helpful. She talks about how the term "doodle" is used a negative word that means "to do nothing " or "to dawdle".  Some people do not like the idea of doodling at See MoreAssignment #1 Savannah Hendrickson

Sharif Tyler Assignment #1

The world of graphic design is a mysterious and complex place. Whether we realize it or not, graphic design plays a huge role in all of our lives. The clothes, we wear, everything we see on television, and even the infrastructure of the homes we See MoreSharif Tyler Assignment #1