ARTH2101 HealingTheBody FA2015

active 2 years, 3 months ago
ARTH2101 HealingTheBody FA2015
Humanities
ARTH 2101

This interdisciplinary course examines the imagery of medical practice, the role of visuality in shaping medical knowledge, artistic representations of the healthy and ailing body, and the emergence and increasing dependence on visual technologies. The course is designed as a lecture course of three modules that focus on the medical body, disease and illness, and treatment and healing. Students will acquire skills to better analyze images, and will attain greater awareness of variables in cultural values that underlie medical practice across history.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Sandra Cheng, Aida Egues, gwencohenbrown

Lydia's HW1 published

The painting that I chose from wellness images is striking because a surgical operation is […] See MoreLydia's HW1 published

Homework #3

I named my first Bacteria Bibi, because it starts with a “B” just like Bacteria. I started in Bra […] See MoreHomework #3

Homework #3

The name of my disease is buryem in first game. I started from Brazil as an accident so I chose it […] See MoreHomework #3

Comment on "Homework #3: Visualizing Epidemics"

The name if my game disease was Pax12. It began in the India. Second game began in Russia. The […] See MoreComment on "Homework #3: Visualizing Epidemics"

Comment on "Homework #3"

Good points, the stats (especially how long your version of TB lasted) indicate it was a lengthy […] See MoreComment on "Homework #3"

Homework #3

I named my first Bacteria Bibi, because it starts with a "B" just like Bacteria. I started in Brazil, because I thought it was a pretty easy target for the over crowded population and their hot climate. However, it took a while to start […] See MoreHomework #3