ARCH3640 Historic Preservation Fall 2015

active 8 years, 4 months ago
This Course Profile is OPEN, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the Course Site.
Architectural Technology
ARCH 3640

A broad introduction to the history, theory, and practice of historic preservation. This course will encourage understanding and critical thought about the principles and assumptions underlying the practice of historic preservation, including preservation law, preservation planning, adaptive use, design issues, and public history.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Barbara Smith Mishara

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

what does it mean to me now ?

My idea of historical preservation hasn’t changed as much but I know gain a different perspective. Through research I learned that a lot of people misunderstand the meaning of historical preservation. Some people say “what’s the point […] See Morewhat does it mean to me now ?

What does Historic preservation mean to you

Historic preservation is the protection and maintenance of older buildings. Preserved buildings and neighborhoods attract tourists, everyone wants to see how buildings and neighborhoods looked like in the past. Modern buildings are great […] See MoreWhat does Historic preservation mean to you

What does Historic Preservation mean to you?

Jose, i completely agree with what you are saying that some buildings such as famous houses and libraries should be indeed preserved and landmarked because there is historical meaning behind them. As architects we learn to appreciate […] See MoreWhat does Historic Preservation mean to you?