As a current senior student of New York City College of technology, I was required by the BFA program to find an internship and accumulate 120 hours. I applied to various positions and was fortunate to join one in such a short time. I applied to a nonprofit organization Unity for Equality located in Queens, NY. The organization’s mission is to work with individuals of all origins to help them build economically stable and sustainable communities. The hiring process felt welcoming I received a call the next day from the CEO of the company after emailing my resume along with my Portfolio site. During the call, he explained and described the company towards the end of our conversation, I was offered to join the design and illustration department. The same day I received an email from the Head of Communications & Marketing department with instructions to the company forms of communication. The next day I was assigned my first task by the head of the department, which was to create a cover for their July Newsletter.