U supermarket took the initiative of using France’s most notable cultural song, La Vie en Rose, and mixed it in with their commercial. In my personal opinion, this commercial was done distastefully and not effective in their use of the song.

My first concern is I barely caught on that the babies cries were suppose to be in tune with that of the song La Vie en Rose. This could be due to the fact I am not too familiar with this song, but the directors should have taken into account of the audience who might not be familiar as well and try find a better way to execute the use of the song in the commercial so the song can be more recognizable.

My second concern is that the cries of the baby are too distracting that I couldn’t pay attention to the whole commercial. Even if the message is effective in its design, there still needs to be someone to take in and appreciate the work. If no one can pay full attention because of a distracting factor in the work, then the whole concept becomes ineffective.

My last concern is their lack of brand identity. As someone who doesn’t know what this commercial was intended for, I still left the commercial feeling puzzled about who and what the message was targeted at. The most notable element to me was the outro. A narrator speaks out, “For a healthier generation tomorrow, let’s shop responsibly today.” This is the only helpful information regarding the brand to someone in the blind.