End of the Semester Reflection

Have you accomplished your Mid-Semester goals? How have you accomplished those goals?

My semester goal was to have developed an well established online presence. I would like to say this is still on going goal for me. I have developed a website, created business cards, and put a portfolio together. Although I have created those assets for myself I feel as if they could have been done better and fell short of my standards. I hope to take this time away from school to fine tune my personal life as a designer.

Have you completed your work with your clients and closed all loops? Are you happy with your results with the work you completed this semester?

I have completed a year long project with the Honors Scholars Program which was such an amazing experience. As I took on the second half of the project Spring semester I was able to apply my new found knowledge from my experience from the Fall semester. I was really happy about how the work had looked once it was printed. Nothing can compare to the feeling of having a concept grow into a creation. I am still in the process of finalizing my other projects with my clients which are the Library Map, OER Logo, and Facilities Management brochure. As of now I am happy with where the projects are headed. They have each come a long way from their beginning. I expect the Library Map and Facilities Management Brochure to be wrapped up shortly.

How are you going to prepare for next semester during the Summer Break?

One thing I will make sure to do is to recover from all that has happened this past semester and take note of what my struggles and accomplishments were. I will also do my best to continue to build myself as a designer and explore who I am as an artist. I hope to gain new insights and discover new things.

One thought on “End of the Semester Reflection

1. Will,

The work you did this semester has been amazing. Glad to see you work on the Honors Scholars Poster Presentation Brochure and create the Library map with such ease. I am glad to see you grow with your design skills throughout the semester and the entire year. You are never afraid to ask questions and for advice. Please continue to keep that going. I am really glad I get a chance to work with you for our training program.

I hope you get a chance to complete your portfolio and establish your brand this summer and i will be happy to help.