Basics Plus 842 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10017.

The Selfie in the store photo 1photo 2

photo 3

Going into this store was like approaching a hole in the wall. It’s a very cramped space that withholds a variety amount of items. There are items such as coffee makers and  vacuums even cooking ware. Heck there were even some kind of kitchen cleaning supplies.  There was literally a cubby hole filled with different pliers, gloves and some simple power tools. In addition to rubber foam for some purpose I honestly don’t recall. Employee wise they seemed to be the type that would just ring up the item and not really know. Business is slow there. Some of the hardware stores that I looked up closed up early as 7pm.

In all actuality my local hardware store is ironically Home Depot. However I’m sticking to this assignment to the letter. Based off of observation the store appeares to be the kind of store for quick fixes. Or even for doing some home projects. Meaning that the items there can be used by consumers that have an idea of what they’re doing. Especially when it can come to a quick fix like a leaky pipe. With home projects, there are some type of supplies one would need to for expample hang a picture.

This place by atmosphere is a type of environment where you can grab the essentials one needs to build up their home. Or one could consider it a one stop shop for minute needs. When I say build up one’s home I mean in the context of getting the needed supplies for moving in your new apartment to get it feeling more comfortable with the simple necessities.

*the area of the store was close by Grand Central Station getting off of the 4 train and a 9 minute walk. Had fun getting lost and also eventually finding the store and getting what I needed for this assignment.