Adrian’s Results of the Scientific Article Summary

Since I transferred to New York City College of Technology, I had never visited the library web site to do any research. This was the first time I had the chance to do it and I was so indecisive about which article to pick since the amount of sources is massive. I wanted something entertaining but meaningful, and I definitely wanted to get an “A” on this assignment. The summary process was excruciating, I never knew that a summary could be so painful and the limitation of using only 500 words was definitely a challenge for me.

So, after countless hours of doing my Scientific Article Summary I believed that I had everything right, however, when I got my grade back I realized the many mistakes that I made. For example, I did not use the MLA format and in many instances I did not clarify to my reader what were the authors’ comments or the facts on their research.  In other words, there were parts in my summary that were ambiguous, the reader could not know if the line was coming from the article or if was my opinion.

After reading Steve’s notes, I revised my paper following all the indications in an attempt to improve my grade. I am learning and assimilating my second language, English, and these exercises are definitely a great way to do it. I am a work in progress and there is a lot of room for improvement.