140 Characters or Less By George Gordon

This is an archive of the series of Tweets based on the original think piece essay we did for project 1.

Due to Twitter having a 140 character constraint, the think piece had to be reworked in order to be sent. While we could use the language of Twitter in order to make our think piece fit more easily into a Tweet, I worked around that as I prefer not writing in that format. It made adapting the think piece a tad more difficult but that was how I wanted this to be done. Because certain parts of the think piece continued ideas that were not present in the Tweets, I had to reword them in order to still get the same message across.

Twitter allows us to hashtags that can be used to connect your Tweets to other people Tweeting about the same thing and due to the issue I was covering already having a specific hashtag associated with it, I used it in every Tweet. This would link to others expressing similar issues or ones who are being directly affected by the Content ID issue. However, the goal was still to reach an audience who had no idea about this issue.

Due to the project constraint of being limited to no more than 20 tweets, the whole think piece would not be covered. The actual think piece could not even cover the whole topic so I decided to add a link to my podcast and a video from Nostalgia Critic that would be able to give much more detail into the issue.

There were various responses to the Tweets from the class relating to the topic I had covered and some links to similar issues going on currently. However, I just made this Twitter account for this project and it would make sense for these Tweets to reach a huge audience.

• Your Tweets earned 1.5K impressions over this 13 day period.
  • Tweet 17 and 18 had the most impressions.
  • 14 Likes, 13 Replies, 1 Retweet, and 3 Link Clicks.
  • Engagement rate was 0.2%