Writing My Brain by Malik Barrett

Introduction

Doing  this essay has made me realize that my thinking is not where it should be in terms of being more focused towards my goal. During time I was reviewing my thoughts I have really been thinking too small  and thanks to for this essay I have started to be even more open minded to get to where I should be going.

Thinking in Writing

– Can’t wait to go to Basketball practice, I should take my nephew with me

-Thinking how I should make him more vocal and be more a leader

-So far I like the energy he’s putting out, i guess the talk we had worked

– This pick up game is going to so much fun all i have to do no work

– I can’t believe i’m getting no calls i guess Kevin has something against me

– I like what i’m hearing about my nephew being a good shooter and good defense

– I can’t wait to come home it’s pizza/movie night

– I can’t believe that they did not order the pizza yet

– I hate how long pizza hut takes

– I can’t believe that they now show up

– Everyone got together, love spending time with them

– I hope these two movies dad got are good

– The watch was a very good movie i could not believe who was the real threat

– The hike sucked why people always fall down when they are chased

– why does my sister have to give me trouble every time I bathed her

– Now time for bed

Thinking Visually

The sky is the limit

The sky is the limit

my addiction

my addiction

my nephew

My Nephew

Thinking Rhetorically and Reflectively

In my life I have had a lot of things that set the foundation of my way of thinking. My thoughts have always been that “Where  can I lead” or “What are my weakness that I need to work on”. Some may see that as a weak minded thinking but I think personally this makes some one well planned for the future instead of just rushing into things they have a plan and a back up for just in case. I argue that my thoughts are focused on important things in my life in the present and I argue that my thoughts are all over the place and I need to work on focusing them on the things that matter.

On my day of thoughts I wrote “How should I win against my opponents, what can I do”. By having that certain mindset it makes me not only at times match my opponent shot for shot in basketball, while I can just outsmart the other player by being two steps ahead of them. Most if not some would rather charge blindly without considering the consequences after it , its all about being perceptive you can’t see the whole picture until you look at it from the outside. This goes very well for people who have minds set on nothing else but the top,  people who are in engineering majors, health majors need to carefully plan and prep themselves or that the patient or project will fail. I consider heavily on engineering because it requires a lot of planning at a steady pace.

Another day of my thoughts is “What are my future goals from now” this quote to me makes someone stop and think about what’s next after you have obtained it .Everybody at one point wanted something, either to win or to get it , over a period of time the feeling subsides and you are not satisfied and want more . So when you have reached a goal set various other ones after it , you will always have an ambition for more until you satisfy your desire . In my honest opinion most people should agree to this kind of thinking  because why would anyone settle for less than success. If I am an engineer I won’t stand for building something that will stand for only decades i would want it to last if possible a lifetime.

Another one of my thoughts is  “Everyone got together around the table , I love spending time with them” . I think this quote is very beneficial for me because they are what I think set the foundation of my way of thinking as they are the ones who keep telling me to do the right thing and treat others they way you would like to be treated thanks to them for teaching these values into me. This is great for my future success because I know I won’t be all work and no fun and have a certain code to live by . Without their encouragement there are some things in life I would not be able to accomplish on my own.

My other thoughts are “ Can’t wait to go to Basketball practice, I should take my nephew with me” and “So far I like the energy he’s putting out, i guess the talk we had worked. This way of thinking is inclined to the present because I have not spend time with my nephew lately and it would be good to take him to where I play and learn something. To me its not a bad way of thinking because  I know it will make feel joy that thanks to me he is excelling to what i am telling him to do  and not being depressed about every fault that he has done.

Another quote I take pride in is “thinking how I can make my nephew more of a leader”. I like this quote because as a uncle I wanna know how far I can push him more than anyone else could, what I was seeing from him that he has so much potential with the way he is always active on the court . For my future I can want to be in a situation where I can inspire young kids. Some people would just donate money as charity which is nice but some of the providers need to be there and interact and I am aiming for that.

Another one of my thoughts are “that I can’t wait to come home it’s pizza/movie night” and “ I hope the two movies dad got are good”. This thought is very random and out of place what I need to do is take a step back and realize that things are moving very fast and I can’t really afford to have the luxury of taking it easy.   Thinking like this is very useless in my life and I need to think about things that will make me very successful, I have to be focus on what can make me pass and think about on what can lead me into my career path so I can have a beneficial future. Opportunities sometimes appear only once so i will have to cast aside watching movies instead of saving the work for last minute , I’ll have to work on school  and pass my classes and standout  more than other people.

What I see when  I read these thoughts are a lot of distractions and hindrances that I am placing myself are really going to slow me done in the long run. I do agree that lack of motivation in class plays a key role to why I may fall behind, no else is going to do this for me if you I don’t put in the effort that I am supposed to show I won’t get far. Usually I should spend my weekends for more school instead of wasting time because my test before hand  were not where they were expected and I am someone who likes to achieve the highest of my class.

With one of my picture with me looking outside the airplane I see the sky’s the limit and let nothing stop from accomplishing whatever you want in life. With that said I need to really put in the work to accomplish my goals , it won’t just come into my lap. Things like that hardly ever do, so no matter what I have to strive and desire for more than just average .People all over will most likely now need to be determined to find  your niche, or where you are going to fit into this world and how you are going to survive it .

In conclusion The thinking that I have been moving on with is very fluctuated with alot of nonsense . I have never thought about anything wrong or doing anything wrong . I have always been focused on the important present things in my life. There is a lot that I would have to  change myself about or change while moving ahead in my life. My thinking is too small  but the only things I would like to focus on by moving forwards is becoming a doctor or something in engineering , which aligns in my  future. My thoughts are focused on important present things in my life. I have to fulfill my family dream being a successful guy because all of the sacrifices that they have made for me will be for nothing and prove to everyone that she did not raise a failure.

Work Cited Page

Malik Barrett[Malik Barrett]. “Re:Project 1: Thinking in Writing.” OpenLab.ENG1101 D346 English Composition 1, Fall 2014, 21 Sept. 2014. Web. 6 Oct. 2014

Barrett, Malik “Airplane.” Flickr. 1 Oct. 2014. Web. 14Oct. 2014

Barrett, Malik “Basketball Court” Flickr. 1 Oct. 2014. Web. 14 Oct. 2014

Barrett, Malik “My Nephew.” Flickr. 1 Oct. 2014. Web. 14 Oct. 2014