On this fine day, I was able to watch the “What’s New in Photoshop – October 2020 Adobe Max Release”. I wasn’t able to attend the live show but was able to catch the aftermath on Youtube. The speaker Terry White, the Adobe Evangelist shows tus the newest update. To create patterns in the past you draw your pattern and add it to the pattern panel. Now there’s a panel preview in the view menu that brings an interactive preview of how your pattern will look rather than you having to make a whole pattern swatch. You’re able to transform one of the patterns and it would affect the whole pattern and you’re able to see how everything will look, rather than remaking the whole pattern swatch, Photoshop gives you more of a free ability to work with the pattern before you actually save it as a pattern. It’s a cool update, i’d rather take my  pattern creations onto illustrator because i feel as if illustrator deals more with vectors well. Terry speaks of the discovery panel that provides hands on tutorials to look for stock, photos, fonts, what’s new, quick actions which are known to be very helpful. For an example you can enter a quick action to change the photo to black or white, you can make the images blurred against the background and check this, this is just crazy to me within the new update photoshop allows a quick action that allows the user to be able to remove the background with just a click of a button. Usually this process is done with the magic selection tool, to select the parts that are unwanted and then that area is deleted. Now photoshop has the ability to detect what you are trying to silhouette so that a new user, ( not like myself ) has an easier time being able to get the job done.

Terry also introduced the sky replacement tool in which you are able to work with the skies within a photograph. Majority of the time the photos aren’t the way we want them to be especially when it comes to outdoor shooting and capturing the sky, so as designers we have to work with what we have. Photoshop now has a sky replacement within the edit tab. The skies can be replaced in order to acquire the look you want. You can use stock images that are photoshop or you can import your own photo so that photoshop has something to work with. Photoshop is now able to detect the sky through various objects and now change the background being the sky. This is a task that would usually take the user’s hour for the user to complete having to separate everything but, now this is a task that can be done with a single button. It would also save a lot of time if they are trying to change the time of the day, the sky can easily be replaced without having to delete the whole background. Terry is a very informative instructor, he needs to speak louder although. His last video went very well to me. It was on indesign and he spoke about all the new updates and changes coming to indesign just like how he’s doing with photoshop.