Today Lisa emailed me, me and my partner Eli had finished the letterhead that needed to be done that Thursday, isn’t that neat ? Upon opening Lisas email and reviewing the task, the assignment was to do research. Ugh i hate research. The assignment is to review the graduate program viewbooks for other colleges. We are to read the viewbooks and determine if its a good viewbook or bad and why. She wanted us to list colleges, while keeping in mind to find some Cuny, Suny, Out of state Colleges and private colleges. She explained that in recent years she was chosen to design the college viewbook for Brooklyn College. The assignment to me wasn’t hard, I just had to critique viewbooks while keeping in mind if it makes me interested in the school. To be honest i have no idea what school is a Cuny or even a Suny so i had to go online and break the two into categories.

Upon doing this assignment I found 9 schools, for each of these schools I’ve given an explanation on why I choose that particular college and my critiques on the viewbook. It was hard to find college viewbooks. I feel as if some of them don’t have one which seems crazy, but it’s like their viewbook is hidden by the government CIA. i can’t find their viewbooks anywhere. This issue mostly occurred when looking for viewbooks within Cuny schools which I found odd. Upon making my list, I reviewed it and realized that I didn’t select any Cuny schools at all. I felt like this was going to be an issue but it was what she asked for, but honestly I didn’t like any of the Cuny viewbooks I saw. I’ve looked at Baruch, John Jay, Hunter etc. and didnt like them. My list concluded colleges such as University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Syracuse University, University of Nebraska at Omaha, The Northwest schools, Parsons and etc. I felt as if all these institutions have a suitable viewbook that draws applicants to their attention. For example the Parson viewbook speaks for itself. It doesn’t even look like a viewbook, it looks like a museum. I like how the viewbook is interactive rather than just scrolling. Thue use of fonts and colors are vibrant and clear. I like how they go more in depth with certain programs like a fashion design mfa and fine arts along with others each have a more indepth page. The way the book is designed it just drags you more sand more into the next page and makes you want to read. I like viewbooks that are clear to read, I like vibrant colors and not tons of whitespace. I feel as if all the whitespace makes one distracted and eyes wander. The headlines should be a different vibrant font to catch my attention. Viewbooks that are unique tend to do better than others, this can be inferred just by the design alone. After having my List i sent it to lisa via email. I explained to her my situation about not picking and Cuny schools and about how they dont catch my attention. She was actually happy about my response. She respected my honesty, she can tell i really looked over these viewbooks. I’m trying to stay on top of my game and be the best intern i can be. Well until next time guys, be safe.