Last week Lisa, my boss, had me complete two out of four letterheads that she needed to be created for the campus safety services. She informed me that she only wanted me to complete two out of the four documents. After meeting with her today I finally learned her reasoning. It’s been bothering me all week, I thought she thought maybe it’s too much for me or maybe he can’t do it but that wasn’t the case. She wanted me to be able to complete the documents on my own so that I can collaborate with another intern so that that individual can complete the last two documents. The student’s name was Elijah, I’ve seen him before in city tech and I’ve even had class with him before. Lisa emailed to both me and Elijah that she wanted us to both work together to help Eli make his version of the documents. I had to explain to Eli exactly step by step the moves that I took to create my letterheads. Did I mention that Lisa, my boss, said that she wanted me to take charge on this. I had a feeling that was going to happen. I planned on being patient with Eli and told him whatever he needs he can let me know, One thing I learned about the design field is that networking is a good form of working. Getting to know new people and collaborating on projects can really progress you as a person and a design as a whole. 

Working with Eli was a breeze as soon as he was able to see a sample of the work 

(the one i completed) in order to do his work. While helping him he explained that the Indesign program wasn’t his best program and how he was more of a photoshop guy. This can be good on projects that me and him collaborate on in the future. I’m more of a vector person when it comes to graphic design, I often have difficulties using photoshop or getting around but now that I know what he specializes in we can both help one another out. I’m not the best Indesign person but in terms of the skill level between both of us in the program, we both concluded I was more well rounded. I didn’t give Eli all the ropes. I helped him to a certain extent then let him spread his wings. Spread his wings as in taking matter into his own hands. Since i was able to make two variations of a good copy i told Elii to send me his assignment when he was done. If he is a graphic designer then he shouldn’t have any trouble am i right ? Two days later and 15 or so back and forth emails from me and Eli and we were able to complete the last 2 letterheads. I Hope lisa likes them to her liking and doesn’t need a pool ton of corrections, I know were interns but i would hate to look like a lousy intern